Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quick Quests

Quick Quests is a new segment for the site that allows us Questers to do little write-ups for restaurants and bars that serve hot wings, but didn't quite make the cut for our final list (which is laminated, so we can’t change it). See, even when we’re not working hard at finding the best wings in Philadelphia, we still really enjoy eating hot wings and just want to share our experiences with you (because we’re nice, dammit (also to up our blog content a bit)). So just sit back, relax, and get ready for even more hot wing talk to be shoved in your face (with love).

For the inaugural Quick Quest, I went to Kitchen Bar in Abington. This was more so for a celebration with my girlfriend, but come on… wings! And what says “I love you”, better than sharing a plate of delicious hot wings? Nothing. Just kidding, everyone knows I don't share my wings. Anyway, Kitchen Bar offers two different sauces for their wings, traditional “Buffalo” and “Kentucky Bourbon”, each served with celery and bleu cheese. While, in retrospect, I should’ve gotten the Kentucky Bourbon, since it sounds so delicious as I’m writing this, I was craving the slow burn of the Buffalo. The Buffalo wings were pretty awesome, nothing too fancy, but definitely not average. The wings were of medium size, solid, and meaty. The sauce had a nice burn and a good flavor. Again, nothing too fancy, but they definitely hit the spot. My only complaint is that the price tag just didn't match the quality, and that's an issue with all of us here at Wing Quest. At $7.95 for ten wings, I would probably pass on the Buffalo again, but if I ever make it back to Kitchen Bar, I’d give the Kentucky Bourbon a shot for sure. And there you have it, a Quick Quest. Thank you and goodnight.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. I'm from Buffalo, and I want a wing that is just goddamned Frank's Red Hot and goddamned butter.

    I fucking love butter. And I fucking love Frank's Red Hot, and when you put them together it's pure fucking bliss. It doesn't even have to be Frank's. Or butter for that matter. A Frank's like substance and some oil is all I'm asking for.

    Oh, no breading either, damn it.

    Step 1) Deep fry frozen wings.
    Step 2) Shake in Frank's and butter.

    Maybe a little celery salt if you're feeling like a change.

    Please help! I keep burning myself and setting my kitchen on fire when I try to deep fry wings.

    I would want to go out and judge these wings with you guys, but my name is Sean and this is getting ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete