Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wings-To-Go Quick Quest



                For lunch today, I decided to go to Wings-to-Go.  This happened for a lot of reasons (there’s one by my work, its quick, and you can order online ahead of time (I also really wanted wings and it seemed like the easiest option)).  Most people have visited a Wings-to-Go and tried the wings.  This was actually my inaugural trip to the franchise and I have to say, to my own surprise (as I was ready to shit all over this place for being all corporate, or whatever…), that I was kind of impressed.  Not super impressed, but impressed nonetheless, and to those that know me, I don’t be impressed easily.
                The selection of sauces alone at any Wings-to-Go is dizzying.  They have all the colors of the hot sauce rainbow, from Mild to Homicide, as well as some of the classic understated sauces like Buffalo Garlic, Garlic Parmesan, Lemon Pepper, etc.  And they also have some rarities like Curry, Caribbean Jerk, and Sweet N Sour.  I’m kind of on a Buffalo Garlic kick myself, so that’s what I opted for.
The wing quality was much better than expected; average size and cooked fairly well.  An order of wings… to go come with a bundle of celery and a neat little foil-sealed tub of bleu cheese, extra of either will cost you $.65.  And speaking of cost… Wings-to-Go trudges the line between being not too expensive or too expensive depending on who you ask, but they break the wing denominations down to satisfy any customer; 5 for $4.50, 10 for $7.49, 15 for $10.75, 20 for $13.99, all the way up to 300(!) for an even $150.  To me the prices seem okay, like ‘meh’ okay.  I’ve paid more for less and vice versa so the price point isn’t an issue for me.   All-in-all I’d give Wings-to-Go one and a half thumbs up (we’re doing thumbs up, right?).  It’s quick, you can order online, there’s a location pretty much near everyone, and there’s a lot of choices (I know how you kids love options), and it’s not that expensive.  Kay, bye.

- Tom Kaericher

No comments:

Post a Comment