Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Green Rock Tavern Quick Quest

For the next installment of Quick Quest, I, Sean, decided to indulge in some wingage at the Green Rock Tavern located at 2546 East Lehigh Avenue. The reason for my being at this bar wasn't for the wings. My friends band was playing a free show and I wanted to support my fellow musicians. Though I have been here many times and have enjoyed their food (fries and pierogies are incredible), I never had the wings. I decided today is the day!
The Green Rock offers only hot wings, priced at $8 for 10 wings.
I put in my order and about 15 minutes later, I received my wings with ample amounts of blue cheese (nice and thick) and a few pieces of lovely looking celery. The wings were good. There in lies the problem. They were just your average wing, which is why I had to give it an average score of 6. The chicken is cooked well but the skin was a bit soggy. The sogginess unfortunately was due to the sauce itself. The sauce seemed like a Franks and butter/vinegar mixture but was definitely watered down. When you picked up a wing, the sauce would just run right off it and right into the pool at the bottom of the plate.
While I wouldn't go out of my way to get the wings, I would eat them if placed in front of me. Maybe stick with the delicious burgers and pierogies if stopping by.


PS - I truly hate writing and that's why I leave it up to Tom!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Green Rock. Jamie Mahon is awesome. Kitten Disaster played their first and last shows ever there. Memories.

    ReplyDelete