Monday, April 4, 2011

Quick Quest - Plush Restaurant and Nightclub

     About a week or two ago I decided that I, Nick, would embark on my very own quick quest. Me and my friend Graz went out to grab a beer and some food, and I realized that it was my civic duty to get and review the wings from whichever place we chose. We decided to go to Plush Restaurant in Glenside on Keswick Ave, because it's a cool ass bar. While i've eaten here many, many, many, times over the years, I had never ordered their wings. Probably due to the fact that their cheese burger is one of the best I've had anywhere, and i've eaten alot of cheeseburgers (i even have the gut to prove it). So after almost ordering the aforementioned burger (it's a habit), I remembered why I was there and got wings. Plush's wings come in 3 varieties, Cajun, Asian BBQ (i was told it's a sort of General Tso's ripoff), and Hot. I went with the hot, because well...hot wings are awesome. Now here is where everything went downhill, priced at $9 for 9 wings, I was mad before they even got to the plate. They came served with some spring mix, and random piece or 2 of celery and something they passed off as bleu cheese. The wings looked really good but as soon as I bit into them I immediately regretted it. They tasted like Tyson frozen hot wings that had been baked, deep fried, forgotten about for a week, and then microwaved and served. That might be a bit harsh, but the wings sucked, flat out. I give 'em a 2. While Plush has  an amazing menu, solid tap selection, and killer martini list; if it was a choice between eating the wings and starve to death, i'd probably be dead.


-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment