Monday, April 4, 2011

Wrestlemania Quick Quest

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of hanging out with some great people while watching this years Wrestlemania. For this event, we almost ALWAYS order from Larry's Famous Pizza, located at 6400 Rising Sun Avenue in the Northeast. Even when my old band was still around, we would go to Larry's almost every week. So needles to say, I've had PLENTY of experience at this joint, to the point when they know us by name and they even named a sandwich after said old band. I've had their buffalo cheesesteaks as  well as the buffalo chicken pizza, both of which are very good.
Unfortunately, I had never had their wings and wish I didn't decide to try them last night. They were truly some of the worst wings I've ever had. The chicken was dry, overcooked, flavorless and stuck to the bone.
The sauce was just gross. It had a lot of spice to it but also had this very odd sweet tang to it which just wasn't very pleasant. It's been over 12 hours since I ate them and I still have a bad taste in my mouth. The only redeeming factor was price. $5 for 10 wings. But even when so cheap, it's just not worth it. I really hate bad mouthing the wings because of the relationship I had with this place but I have to do my job, which isn't always pretty. I will definitely avoid the wings at all cost but I certainly will continue going there and I suggest you do the same.

- Sean Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment